Investing in Rural Central New York
A significant portion of New York’s 24th District is rural and the prosperity of our rural communities is key to the prosperity of our entire region. These communities contribute so much to our region, but continue to be overlooked and continue to lag behind in economic growth.
Right now, President Trump seeks to create divisions in our country, including sowing discord between urban and rural Americans. After a lifetime of service bringing people together, I know the value of unifying and working towards shared goals and shared prosperity.
Now during the COIVD-19 crisis, rural areas are often being hit the hardest. In this time of economic uncertainty, we must ensure the foundations for success in our rural areas are in place. This means having access to a quality education, access to affordable health care, attracting development and venture capital, and defending our farming communities.
- Strengthen opportunity zones in rural areas
- Incentivize housing investments in rural communities
- Invest in rural broadband
- Keep rural hospitals and medical transportation operational and thriving
- Ensure farm subsidies go to farmers and not to large corporations
- Defend investments in agriculture from budget cuts in Washington
- Ensure farmers have access to the capital they need to thrive
- End the ineffective Trade Wars that hurts our Central New York region
Help us grow our team and turn NY-24 blue this November!